The undersigned desires to use the facilities and equipment of Stafford Hills Club (the “Club”) and the related sports, training and other Club services. In partial exchange for the right to use the facilities, services and equipment, I voluntarily agree to this Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk (this “Release”) according to the following terms:
- I accept the Club’s facilities, services and equipment “as is” and I agree to use these facilities, services and equipment at my own risk. I understand the inherent risks involved in the use of the Club’s facilities, services and equipment and I expressly assume the risks of severe bodily injury, permanent disability, and death. I agree to follow all rules and regulations and to use the Club’s equipment only as indicated and as instructed by the Club’s staff.
- Prior to participating in any activity at the Club, I will inspect the exercise area and all equipment to be used. If I determine that anything related to this activity appears unsafe, I will immediately advise a Club employee of this condition and will not engage in the activity until the condition has been corrected. Prior to engaging in any activity or exercise, I will confer with my doctor or other health professional to ensure that it is safe to do so.
- I will not hold the Club liable for any injury or damage to my person or property, or that of my family, arising from or related to (a) my use of the Club’s services, facilities and/or any and all equipment located on Club property; (b) the negligent acts or omissions of the Club; or (c) the acts or omissions of other members or guests of the Club. I forever release and discharge the Club from all claims, demands and/or causes of action relating to any such injury or damage. Despite this Release, if I or anyone on my behalf makes a claim against the Club, I will indemnify the Club from any and all litigation costs, attorney fees, damages or other expenses arising from such claim.
- I consent to emergency medical care and/or transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of my injury. This Release extends to any liability arising out of or in any way connected with such emergency medical treatment, care and/or transportation.
- I will not hold the club liable if my property is lost or stolen. I understand that it is my sole responsibility to ensure that my valuables are secured. I acknowledge that the Club provides lockers with locks for this purpose.
- The terms of this Release are intended to be as broad and inclusive as Oregon law allows. If any portion of this Release is declared invalid, I agree that all other terms and conditions of this Release shall remain effective. This Release shall be of perpetual duration and shall remain valid and enforceable even after any related membership agreements or other concurrent agreements have expired or been terminated.
For the purpose of this Release, “Stafford Hills Club” or the “Club” refers to Stafford Hills Club, LLC, Stafford Hills Properties, LLC, Stafford Hills Management Co., LLC, Stafford Hills Exchange, LLC, Stafford Hills Investments, LLC, their respective owners, subsidiaries, members, agents, officers, directors, employees, contractors, suppliers, vendors, equipment manufacturers, distributors, successors and assigns. I am executing this Release on behalf of myself and my heirs, executors, successors and assigns.
I have read the above Release, understand its contents, and understand that by signing-in above, I have given up my substantial rights.