Monday May 9th | 7:15pm-9:45pm | Stafford Hills Club
Stafford Hills Foundation partners with one local foundation per year. We are pleased to announce this year we are partnering with Liz’s Army and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to hold a fundraiser at Stafford Hills Club. Scroll down to learn more about the event, Liz’s Army & The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Tennis Ticket $50
Tennis Ticket Includes: Admission to event, participation in mixed doubles mixer during event, light appetizers, drinks, beer & wine.
Social Ticket $25
Social Ticket Includes: Admission to event, light appetizers, drinks, beer & wine.
To purchase tickets or donate contact the Stafford Hills Front Desk at 503.612.2400
*Members may purchase tickets on the Stafford Hills App
RAFFLE ITEMS →
- 1-Hour Private Tennis lesson with Head Pro Michael Warren ($65 Value)
- 1-Hour Personal Training Session with Ryan Jarrell ($70 Value)
- 1-Hour Personal Training Session with Justin Nelson ($70 Value)
- 1-Hour Private Nutrition Consultation & InBody Composition Scan with Marisa Michael ($125 Value)
- SHC Spa & Salon Package including 1-hour Facial with Theresa & Detox Foot Bath with Britney ($90 Value)
- Magnum bottle of wine from De Lancellotti Family Vineyard
- Basket of Tennis items (Racquet, shoes, string jobs, etc.) from Players Racquet Shop ($150-$200 Value)
- Photo session with Haley Graham Photography ($450 Value)
- Gift Certificate for Mi Famiglia Wood Oven Pizzeria ($50 Value)
- Beauty Basket with cosmetics, beauty supplies & gift certificate from Brianna Lumetta
- Signed Blazers shoe by CJ McCollum. *Comes with certificate of authenticity. Donated by Bill Christensen ($300 Value)
- 2 iFly Sessions for iFly Indoor Skydiving ($200 Value)
- Tennis Bag donated by Shiella Lumetta ($150 Value)
- Two Gift Cards to Magnum Opus salon in Portland ($40 value each)
- 1-Hour Massage with Lisa Belifore at Heartsong Massage ($90 Value)
- 1-Hour Massage with Kim N Dewey at Heartsong Massage ($90 Value)
- Leah’s Spa & Wellness Basket with 1 free haircut from Blush Salon & Day Spa, 1 Month unlimited classes at Bikram Yoga, Classes at ClinicFit Training, lotions, soaps, bath bombs, perfume, facial masks, scrubs, candles ($400 Value)
- Workout Classes at Barre3 in Lake Oswego ($69 Value)
- Road Trip Gift Basket with snacks, water bottles, colored pencils, coloring book, car charger ($40 Value)
Liz’s Army →
Stafford Hills Club Member, Liz Lofurno, was diagnosed with Stage Four Classical Hodgkins Lymphoma in September 2015. Liz went through five chemo cycles from September to December 2015. Liz’s Army has a goal to raise enough money by May 14th that can link the team name for cancer research, specifically for the trial Liz participated in, the brentuximab trial, which saved her life.
“Being a close friend of Liz, I watched her go through every stage of her cancer: diagnosis, treatment, and now thankfully, remission. Liz was diagnosed with stage four Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in September of 2015. Almost immediately, her support system grew drastically and eventually gained the name “Liz’s Army”. We supported her, but she was the real fighter. I watched as the beautiful hair on her head, eyelashes, and eyebrows disappeared. She spent her 16th birthday in the hospital, receiving chemo. Nobody, much less a child, should ever have to go through what Liz went through. Thanks to incredibly generous donations to blood cancer research and the endless support from people just like you, treatments were available and Liz went into remission in early January of 2016. Now, she can continue through her teenage years of playing lacrosse and enjoying life like she should.” – Riley Murphy
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society →
The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) is the world’s largest voluntary health organization dedicated to blood cancer research, education, and patient services. LLS’s mission is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease, and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Since the first funding in 1954, LLS has awarded more than $680 million in research funding.
What your donation will do:
- Encourage scientists to pursue blood cancer research. Grants to young scientists help grow research talent even as federal research funding becomes increasingly limited.
- Develop “targeted therapies” that kill cancer cells selectively. By hitting specific molecular targets, these treatments don’t harm patients’ healthy cells, resulting in fewer dangerous side effects.
- Test immunotherapies. Immunotherapies strengthen a patient’s own immune system so it can better fight infections and attack cancer cells, reducing the need for damaging chemotherapy.
- Improve the safety of today’s cures. LLS funds research to predict, manage and prevent complications in patients most at risk for long-term and late effects of treatment.
- Help patients and their families make informed decisions. LLS supplies information and counseling to help guide patients through their cancer journey and access current treatment and clinical trial options.
- Offer community services. Among the wide array of programs LLS provides are those that link newly diagnosed patients with trained volunteers and that help young cancer patients return to school after an absence resulting from treatment.
100% of proceeds raised will be donated to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Stafford Hills Foundation is an IRC 501(C)(3) Charity