SHC Active & Safe Commitment
The Active & Safe Commitment is a worldwide initiative launched by the health and fitness industry’s trade association, the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA).
We are making this commitment to reassure our members, local policymakers, and dedicated public health officials that we are wholly dedicated to providing a safe environment for exercise during COVID-19.
We look forward to continuing our vital role as a community partner in reducing the pandemic’s catastrophic toll on physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing.
PHYSICAL DISTANCING & MITIGATION MEASURES
- Facilitating and supporting appropriate physical distancing
- Occupancy management systems/policies
- Plans in place to reduce cross contamination
- Mask policy in place and enforced
CLEANING, SANITIZING & DISINFECTING
- Extensive hygiene and sanitizing protocols
- Enhanced measures to optimize ventilation and filtration
EMPLOYEE & MEMBER SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Comprehensive staff training
- Employee health monitoring
- Regular member communication
- Contingency planning
- Employee feedback mechanism
- Utilize member management software to aid contact tracing efforts
- Contract tracing oversight and protocols are established