ABOUT THE MURPH
Monday, May 30th | Time TBD | SHC
$149/MEMBER FOR TRAINING PROGRAM $49/MEMBER FOR MURPH CHALLENGE ONLY
Stafford Hills Club is excited to be an official host site for the 2022 Murph Challenge! The Murph Challenge is a fundraiser held worldwide on Memorial Day in honor of Lt. Michael Murphy.
We feel strongly about meeting people where they are in their level of fitness, and that the sole purpose of this event is to support a great cause - for that reason, we aim to offer as many modifications as possible for people to be able to complete this event. We will have trainers on hand to help with how to split the workout and provide exercises to substitute for anyone wanting to make adjustments.
We will be holding the event in the morning on Memorial Day with a make-up option for those out of town. Once everyone is registered (no later than April 15th) we will be creating the schedule for participants in waves based on modifications needed and spots available.
8- Week Murph Challenge Training Program
Open Now | Training/Consults begins March 28th
- One 30-minute session with a personal trainer to receive a customized 6-week training plan based on individual’s current fitness level and Murph Challenge goal.
- Check-ins from your trainer to assess progress and adjust training if necessary.
- Mid-point “Mini Murph” group workout with trainer and other participants (April 30th or May 1st).
- Registration for the Murph Challenge (includes T-shirt and certificate of completion).
- Preferred time slot to participate in Murph Challenge at SHC on Memorial Day. (If unable to participate on Memorial Day, additional opportunities will be provided.)
- Modifications available:
- We will provide bands for assisted pull-ups and/or TRX straps for rows to modify the pull-ups.
- We will provide dumbbells and TRX straps for chest press to modify the push-ups.
- The squats are non-weighted, and range of motion can be adjusted to modify the squats.
- The run can be a run, jog, or walk and will take place in the park directly across from our club.