Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance by using the tennis section under reservations in your member portal and on the SHC app, by phone, or in person. Reservation periods are 1 1/4 hours. Reservation times are as follows:
7:00 a.m. for reservations from 5:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
7:30 a.m. for reservations from 1:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Court reservations MUST reflect the actual players on the court. The reserving member is responsible for reporting all players by 8 pm the evening prior to the reservation. Failure to comply with these rules may result in a penalty or suspension of booking privileges.
Click here to view our helpful Tennis Reservation guide
- Each active tennis member is allowed to appear on 1 advanced reservation per day, with a limit of 4 per week (Sun-Sat).
- Individuals appearing on additional advanced reservations will be subject to a $10 court fee per occurrence.
- Day of play reservations, outdoor court reservations (including pickleball), lessons, league play, and Men’s & Ladies Day/Night DO NOT count towards advanced reservation limits.
- Ball machine usage will be limited to 1 advanced reservation per calendar week.
- Advanced reservation rules will be assessed weekly and are scheduled to continue through peak seasons (Labor Day – Memorial Day).
Day-of-play reservations DO NOT count towards advanced reservation weekly limits. All day-of-play reservations require at least 2 names listed on the reservation or a ball machine reservation.
Next-Day Available A.M. Courts (5:30 a.m.-11:45 a.m.): In order for the court to be reserved as a day of play reservation and not count towards the advanced reservations limit, members MUST CALL the front desk after 8 p.m. to make a reservation. Ball machine reservations are still prohibited during prime time.
P.M. Day of Courts (1:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m.): Can only be reserved on the actual day of.
Ball machines are prohibited on prime time courts during prime season. Prime time reservations apply to:
PRIME TIME COURTS:
Monday-Friday 9:15am & 10:30am • 4:45pm & 6:00pm
Labor Day through Memorial Day.
*Front desk staff may permit ball machine rentals in certain situations and at their discretion.
A Late Cancel is any court cancelation made within 24 hours of the reservation time. All reservations are subject to a late cancel fee, including day-of-play reservations. The reserving member is responsible for court utilization and will be assessed the $15 fee.
The reserving member is any member who has confirmed the reservation in the first position, regardless of the time of booking. Court reservations MUST reflect the actual players assigned to the court. The reserving member is responsible for reporting all players in advance. Failure to comply with these rules may result in a penalty or suspension of booking privileges. Indoor advanced reservations that do not have more than 1 player or a ball machine booked by 8 pm the evening prior will be moved to an outdoor court and made available for other members to reserve.
A no-show applies to any reserving member who fails to utilize their reserved court. At least 1 member from the reservation must be present within 15 minutes of the reservation start time to consider the court utilized. All advanced and day-of-play reservations are subject to no-shows. The reserving member is responsible for court utilization and will be charged the $15 fee.
Stafford Hills Club has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for members who refuse to check-in at the front desk or who “sneak in” non-members guests. For the safety and security of SHC facilities & our members, all players are required to check-in at the front desk. Members who abuse this policy will be subject to a $30 fee and potential court restrictions.
Warm-up courts reserved prior to league matches (USTA, City League, or JTT) should be restricted to one court as an advanced reservation. Additional warm-up courts may be reserved and utilized if a day-of-play court becomes available. Warm-up courts reserved in advance will count toward players' advanced reservation weekly limit.
Fitness/Aquatics members may reserve open tennis courts on a day-of-play basis only, limited to 12 times per year. There is a $10 fee per court.
STAFFORD HILLS CLUB COURT ETIQUETTE
GUIDELINES TO MAKE YOUR PLAY AND THAT OF OTHERS MORE ENJOYABLE.
The spirit of sportsmanship and maintaining our courts is lived out through our 5-point pledge: respect, honesty, cleanliness, support, and improvement. As we strive to honor our commitment to our members, we ask that our members also honor this pledge by following these guidelines for etiquette.
The spirit of sportsmanship incorporates respect, courtesy, thoughtfulness, and discretion, and includes the following:
- Please wait until your reservation time to enter the court unless it is not being used prior to your assigned time. Wait for players to finish their point.
- Do not hit balls against the walls or curtains.
- Show respect to your partner, opponents, and others on or near the courts.
- Strive for quiet demeanor, keeping your voice down and confined to your court as much as possible, so as not to disrupt players on adjacent courts. Loud and improper language and/or music will not be tolerated.
- When using the ball machine, allow enough time to clear the court so that it is readily available for play at the next scheduled court time. Gather up all the tennis balls (especially behind the curtains) and load them into the ball machine, neatly coil up the power cord, fold up the machine mat, and please sweep up ball fuzz left on the court.
- If questions arise, please ask a staff member for clarification.
- Members and guests are required to clean up after themselves. Place garbage in trash bins and recycle tennis cans and balls.
- Please limit food and beverage items on the courts. Any food or beverage must be in spill proof containers.